Hospital Bag Essentials
There is a lot to think about when packing your hospital bag – items for you, for baby and snacks too to keep your energy up. You don’t need anything special for breastfeeding which means it’s great for your purse!
Here are some top tips from mums on what they might pack in their hospital bag;
- Muslins – these can be used for all sorts from cleaning up any milk to adding extra privacy for you when feeding.
- A nursing bra or bralette type bra that you can pull down to support your breast and allow you quick access when baby needs a feed.
- Vest tops to wear under a top that you can pull down (Many mothers like to do ‘one up, one down’ with clothing which can make you feel more comfortable when you first start feeding out and about – and keep you warm in the winter months!)
- Nursing pads – you can buy washable and reusable ones which are cotton and kind on your skin but also disposable ones. These are use to soak up any leaks you might have especially in those first few weeks whilst your milk supply adjusts to your baby’s needs.
- Remember, anything you haven’t got – there are so many supermarkets and shops available to you 24/7. There’s no need to stock up on lots of equipment for feeding before baby is here. Take one thing at a time, one day at a time and you can save yourself money by buying only what you know you will need.